The Wits Radio Academy under the auspices of the University of the Witwatersrand Journalism Department is proud to present the seventh annual Radio Days Africa conference. Held in association with Radio Days Europe, the conference has become the premier gathering of radio leaders and influencers on the African continent.
With a variety of topics, speakers and participants, all spheres in the public, commercial and community radio sectors are catered for. Sharing the best radio of today and discussing the future of the medium, delegates can grapple with issues facing the medium in a changing environment and be exposed to new ideas and skills from the continent and abroad.
Held at the University of the Witwatersrand from 30 June – 1 July 2016 the conference attracts more than 250 delegates with a range of international and local media experts sharing their knowledge, insight and passion for radio.
Under the theme, #radiowontfall, the conference will host a range of local and international speakers who will speak about the tenacity of the medium in a booming technological era and give insight into best practices and future trends. The conference will be attended by more than 200 delegates from the public, community and commercial radio sectors from across Africa. Radio Days Africa will cater for on-air talent, producers, enthusiasts, managers, marketers and anyone else interested in the medium
- Helen Boaden, Director of BBC Radio, will share her thoughts on radio in a changing environment
- The connected car: new cars will be Internet enabled. What does that mean for radio?
- Speed Dating the Superstars – Chat to SA’s big brand presenters and get insight into how to grow your profile and become a better presenter.
- How to step into big shoes: exploring how prominent DJs and presenters handle the challenge of taking over a popular slot
- Masterclasses on air-checking and feedback as well as talent management
- Changing Communities using children on radio, the story of the Children’s Radio Foundation.
The nitty gritty
Dates: 29 June – 1 July, 2016
Venue: Wits Club, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Programme and other information:
Phone: 011 717 4083
Facebook: Wits Radio Academy
Early bird registration is R3450, early bird rate available until end May 2016.
Full package: R3850, 3 days, including lunches, teas, conference pack, welcome event.
Single day: R2000.
Campus and Community Radio Stations are encouraged to contact The Wits Radio Academy for financial assistance or sponsored attendance.