The Wits Radio Academy’s Programming Hothouse develops radio programming in collaboration with Voice of Wits and community radio stations.
The unit’s aims are:
- To develop new ways of using radio in order to improve public information and discussion, combining civic education with a more critical, journalistic approach;
- To develop new ways of working with partner stations, particularly in the community radio sector, through co-productions which improve the availability of engaging and independent quality broadcasting
The Wits Radio Academy is now looking for a special person to fill the post of Executive Producer.
The post involves:
- co-ordinating our programme production team,
- developing and producing exciting new programming concepts for broadcast on campus station Voice of Wits 88.1, as podcast and on partner community radio stations;
- teaching on courses run by the academy
- building a network of community radio stations
- A bachelors degree, with at least 3 years’ experience in radio.
- Experience with radio content production and the development of programme concepts
- Strong initiative, enthusiasm and drive; an ability to lead a team
- Innovative, able to think laterally, and a willingness to push the envelope
- Excellent communication skills,
- Passionate teacher and mentor, ability to work and identify with different kinds of people.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, community radio
- Fluency in English and at least one other major SA language (Nguni or Sotho language groups preferred.)
This is a one-year contract post, renewable depending on the availability of funding.
How To Apply
Submit a letter of motivation, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses) Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University.
The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates; including qualifications and credit standing.
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.