KAS Media Africa, is looking at the earliest possible date for a Programme Manager (full time or part-time) for its Johannesburg office.
The German Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) makes a unique contribution to the promotion of democracy, the rule of law and a social market economy all over the world. To foster peace and freedom we encourage a continuous dialogue at national and international levels as well as the exchange between cultures and religions. The Media Programme supports press freedom, media diversity and value-based political communication in Sub-Saharan Africa. We work with journalists, political communicators and bloggers all over the continent because we believe that every society needs the critical and constructive voice of serious media.
• Representation of KAS Media Africa at various events
• Professional documentation of KAS events
• Writing and editing of analyses and publications on media and politics in the region
• Media relations with journalists and agenda setting of our topics
• Set up and optimize social media platforms and the website
• Keeping an eye on developments in media in Sub-Sahara Africa
• Work experience in the field of media and politics
• Knowledge of basics and trends in social media
• Preferable with academic degree, but this is not a requirement
• Broad knowledge of the Sub-Sahara Region, especially in the field of politics and media
• Excellent English and French skills in speaking and writing; German would be an added benefit
• Flexibility to do business trips in Sub-Sahara Africa on a regular basis
• Commitment towards the values of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
• Work permit for South Africa
• A highly interesting field of work and a great working environment
• Support for personal and professional growth
• Attractive and negotiable salary package including social benefits and travel allowance
If you’re interested please send your CV to email@example.com before April 15, 2018. Applying is only possible via Email. We’re looking forward to your application.