The ideal person for this position is versatile, flexible and diligent. We are also looking for someone with great interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple activities. The major tasks of the internship will be to assist the director and to contribute to the successful implementation of the JAMLAB Accelerator at Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct in Braamfontein and to support the JAMLAB.
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Assist the director of JAMLAB
- Assist with organising meetings, events and functions including workshops, seminars and talks for the Accelerator programme.
- Manage various administrative tasks related to online publishing mediums, social media, editing, sourcing of materials, and securing of venues.
Qualifications, skills and aptitude of ideal candidate:
- A relevant degree from an accredited University
- Good written communication skills
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn and contribute
- Some interest in online and offline media and journalism, start-ups and/or digital technologies.
Learning and Career Development Opportunities
The position will suit someone interested in a career in journalism or media or in tech and innovation. The intern will attend JAMLAB management meetings as well as many of the events and talks that will be organised for the JAMLAB participants. They will work at the Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct which is one of the newest and most exciting Tech Hubs in South Africa. They may also be given opportunities to write for JAMLAB publications.
To apply, applicants must send an email marked “Application- Internship” containing a detailed CV and covering letter explaining interest and aptitude for the position to email@example.com by no later than June 20 2017.
JAMLAB reserves the right not to make an appointment and continue searching after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.