The Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) is the world’s premier international association of investigative journalism organizations, with 145 member groups in 62 countries.
GIJN is looking for a director to manage our growing Resource Center and Help Desk.
The GIJN Resource Center is used by journalists in dozens of countries every day. It includes hundreds of tip sheets, videos, and manuals to help journalists dig deeper, report more widely, and find primary documents and data. The GIJN Help Desk provides additional assistance, with over 140 volunteer experts ready to assist journalists worldwide. We’re expanding what’s available and translating it into multiple languages. We need a dynamic manager who can oversee this global effort to help investigative journalists in the farthest corners of the world.
This is a unique chance to be at the center of the global hub servicing the world’s investigative journalists at a time of unprecedented opportunities and challenges.
- Search for and aggregate the latest news and techniques on investigative journalism from around the world;
- Coordinate the organizing and cataloging of hundreds of resources using a database management system;
- Help identify and evaluate the latest data sets and investigative tools;
- Coordinate GIJN’s responses to requests for assistance from journalists around the world.
- At least five years experience managing projects in media or nonprofits.
- Knowledge of data and investigative journalism.
- Global perspective.
- Basic knowledge of database management.
- Experience working on websites. Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a decentralized organization
- Well organized.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Some coding skills a plus.
Location: Washington, D.C. is preferred, but we will consider other locales for the right person.
Salary: We’re a nonprofit but we pay a living wage. Salary will depend on your experience.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Resource Center Director.
GIJN is a multinational, multicultural, and multilingual organization. We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.